It has been about 3 months since I started hand writing my
journal. Since then I have more or less ignored my blogs
and websites. I feel like I should care a great deal more than
I actually do insofar as writing/blogging has been the only
way to keep people informed about my life. I don’t exactly go
out much - I am King Introvert, Ruler of the Kitchen Table.
- I have been (XXmostly) enjoying writing by hand.
- The experience is tactile.
- Fountain pens are lovely to write with, as is nice ink
- It is more engaging than because of the above.
Mostly in that:
- I rarely write about more than how I’m feeling.
- I never transcribe Xany of it (for better or worse)
- My hand writing is pretty bad even though I’ve been wo-
rking on it these three months too. I’m not sure I’ll be ab-
le to read what I’ve written in a few months…. (for better
So, what do you do? I feel like there is a gap. Blogging used
to be about both me AND you, a dialogue of some sort or at
least an agreement that someone else knew what I was doing.
I think that’s what I miss, the occasional social engagement.
At least miss the most. Takckling larger topics is good even
if they’re only of personal interest.
And, sitting here, I’m finding writing this about as engagXing
as writing by hand. I’m using Hanx Writer, which is an app
designXXed to mimic writing on a typewriter in sound and
function - I think I may even leave the X typXeovers if I
Maybe there’s something to banging out jouranal entries on
this thing and not just writing on paper.
Then what do you do with the paper journal?
And how long until you lament lack of comments? You are an
attention whore after all!
-Written in HanXWriter